We already know that more men have died of the corona virus than women. And we know that many of the men who died of corona had low testosterone levels. 😳
I have previously written about this here.
Now a new study has shed further light on this.
This study, which was published in the Aging Male, was performed on 438 persons infected with the corona virus. 232 of these were men.
What did the study find?
- The corona virus (COVID 19) actively depletes a man’s testosterone level
- As the severity of the corona virus increased, the more the testosterone decreased
- As men’s testosterone levels decreased, they were more likely to be placed in intensive care
- 11 men died during the study, all of which had significantly lower testosterone than the survivors
- Even asymptomatic patients had lower testosterone
- 65.2% of the asymptomatic patients experienced a loss of libido
So we now know (or at least we are reasonably certain) that the corona virus squashes your testosterone level.
And we know that the further your testosterone falls, the more likely you are to die.
And as a consequence, men who have caught the virus will typically have experienced a decrease in sex drive and an increase in erectile dysfunction. This is because both are tightly correlated with testosterone levels.
What is also interesting, is that a large % of those who contract corona are asymptomatic (they don’t show any signs of sickness). But these persons are also likely to experience a loss in testosterone levels. And these people will also probably have seen a decrease in libido, and onset of ED.
What are my 2 key takeaways from this new study?
1) By having a high testosterone level to start with, you are probably more likely to fare well should you contract the corona virus. Therefore, by living healthy every day (eating well, exercising enough, stressing down, sleeping well, etc.) you will armor yourself with a good defense.
2) If you have noticed a sudden drop in your sex drive, and (or) an onset or increase in erectile dysfunction lately, it is quite possible that you had a visit from COVID 19.
To read the full article, please go here.