Testosterone is the key to your sexual functions. 🔒
That is because testosterone is your primary male sex hormone. Its job is to regulate and support anything sexual that goes on inside you.
Hence, with low testosterone, your sex-life is likely to be tepid.
But what causes your testosterone to fall? And how can you keep it high?
But what if someone had done a study of 208,677 men to find out exactly what actions led to what levels of testosterone?
Well, someone just did. 👍
Researchers just analysed the testosterone levels of 208,677 UK men aged 40-69, and reviewed what actions and habits these man had.
What did the researchers find?
- Lower testosterone is associated with higher age
- Lower testosterone is associated with higher BMI
- Testosterone was lower for participants who lived with a partner
- A South Asian ethnicity was associated with lower testosterone
- Higher education was associated with lower testosterone
- Vegetarians had the lowest testosterone levels
- Those who ate high amounts of red meat had the second lowest testosterone levels
- Vegans had the highest testosterone levels
- More physical activity was associated with higher testosterone
- Smokers had higher testosterone than non-smokers (this is backed by other research and we still don’t understand the reason for this)
- Lower testosterone levels were found in men with cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, dementia, angina, renal impairment, hypertension and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
So here we have actual testosterone results from a large number of men, cross referenced with their lifestyle and habits.
So what is my takeaway from this?
If you want to keep a healthy testosterone level: Go vegan, exercise every day, stay fit and be young!
And if you want to learn how to boost your testosterone levels naturally, check out this in-depth guide.
To read the full article, please go here.